About Me

My photo
Hello, Ciao,안녕하세요, Hallo, Hola, Selamat tengahari! My name is Rachael and I am a travel enthusiast. Ever since I can remember, my parents have taken my brother, sister and I on good ol' American road trips. It's safe to say that was where my interest in new places, people and experiences was ignited. As my parents always encouraged my siblings and I to explore and ask questions, I developed a sincere curiosity for new adventures. In addition to seeing much of the United States with my favorite travel companions (my family), I had the opportunity to spend a semester in Rome, Italy, as well as a semester in Seoul, South Korea during my college career. Now, I am honored to be taking part in a Fulbright ETA Scholarship to Malaysia for a year! My family's favorite motto is "Life is all about the journey, not the destination." I invite you to join along in my journey of cultural exchange and mutual understanding in Malaysia! After all, the more, the merrier.

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Message From Secretary of State Hillary Clinton








Press Statement
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
August 29, 2012 



On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I am delighted to send best wishes to the Malaysian people as you celebrate your fifty-fifth Independence Day this August 31.

The United States and Malaysia share strong bonds of family and friends. This year, our two countries are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps program in Malaysia, a program that has laid a foundation of friendship and goodwill between our peoples. We are proud of our new Fulbright English Teaching Assistant program that brings talented young Americans to help teach English in Malaysian schools. I look forward to working together to expand U.S.-Malaysia trade, investment and educational and cultural relations to bring greater prosperity to both our peoples.

As you celebrate this special day, know that the United States is a partner and friend. I wish all Malaysians around the world a Happy Merdeka Day. Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan.
_______________________________________________________________________
This is a Press Statement from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that mentions the Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment